On a cold winter’s evening, when you are snuggling in for a night inside with your partner, make this soup to inspire you to make more than just a fire. This soup is smooth, delicious and packed full of aphrodisiacs.
You Will Need:
1 potato, peeled and chopped 2 Tbsp. butter
1-1/2 cups leeks, chopped 2 carrots, finely chopped
1/2 tsp. minced gingerroot 1/2 tsp. curry powder
1/4 tsp. thyme 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 stalk celery, finely diced 2 1/2 cups milk carrot curls and croutons for garnish
1. Boil the potato in 2 cups of water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, save the broth, and set the potato aside.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek, half the carrots, the ginger, curry powder, thyme, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Sautï ½ for 5 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon.
3. Add the celery, the remaining carrots, the cooked potato, and the potato broth. Add 1 cup water, and stir.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, until the carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.
5. In a blender, blend on high, 2 cups of the soup with the milk until thick and smooth.
6. Return the blended soup to the saucepan, and stir until heated. Ladle into bowls, garnish and serve.
This is a delicious and satisfying soup that will warm you and your partner in more ways than one. While this soup may seem arduous, the end result will be well worth the work.