The Avocado is native to Mexico. It is a pear-shaped fruit that has countless health benefits. Sometimes people wonder what they can add avocados to; simply put, they can be mixed-in with what is usually an avocado-free salad.
Avocados also have a high fat content (good fats, mind you) that increases the absorption of carotenoids from the salad by 200-400%! (WHFoods: Avocado)
Carotenoids are what give fruits and vegetables their rich red, orange and yellow colours. One of the carotenoids primary benefits lies in their antioxidant protection, which protect the body against unstable oxygen molecules, or free radicals.
- Avocados are high in Essential Fatty Acids and B-‐Vitamins
- These are good for the heart and also gives you energy
- They are rich with folic acid, vitamin B6 and potassium
- Folic acid helps metabolize proteins, giving you more energy
- Vitamin B6 is a nutrient that increases male hormone production
- Potassium helps regulate a woman’s thyroid glands.
All these elements increase libido in both men and women
- Avocados also boost the immune system.
More Aphrodisiac Properties of Avocados:
Just by looking at the shape of avocado, you will see the reason why it was associated with sexuality. The Aztecs called the avocado “Ahuacuatl”, or “testicle tree”. The fruit hangs on the tree in pairs, which resembles the male testicles. Even Catholic priests in Spain found this fruit so obscenely sexual that they forbade it.
Additional benefits of Avocados:
- Anti-‐Inflammatory benefits and helps with arthritis
- Promotes heart health
- Impressive carotenoid antioxidants
- beta-‐cryptoxanthin etc.
- Promotes blood sugar regulation
- Anti-‐cancer benefits
Many of the benefits of Avocado’s lies just beneath the skin, so try to remove only as necessary as you can from the outer skin.